Lacidem was founded by Ben Pais, a physician educated at the University of Groningen and the VU University of Amsterdam in The Netherlands. He's practiced medicine for a couple of years after which he started his career in pharma at Sanofi. He held various national and international positions in medical affairs and marketing. After having worked 15 years in pharma he switched to the medical device business, Elekta, where he's been Vice President of Global Medical Affairs for 5 years.
The availability of medical and clinical affairs expertise in the medical device business is limited whereas the market is asking for more. This was the reason to found Lacidem with the objective to provide end-to-end, medical and clinical solutions based on
- unique expertise and experience in the life science business in both medical devices and pharma
- large experience with developing and implementing medical and clinical strategies
- in depth knowledge of life science laws and regulations and their impact and implementation in business processes and quality management systems
- clinical research experience in a variety of indications with medical devices and pharmaceuticals - initiating, executing and closing clinical studies, as part of a clinical development or study plan, alone or together with a CRO
- broad network in healthcare institutions, life science businesses, notified bodies and competent authorities